May 7, 2010 by thelilacbeauty
Its been a long time since I last blogged. Life has been a tad hectic this week – mixed in with not feeling 100% = me spending most of my free time trying to de-stress and hit the hay earlier than usual. That being said – I have a bit of spare time coming up this weekend (and I’m hoping I can leave work early today since I started at 6:30 this morning due to an event). I’m planning to get some serious work done on the bloggie – I feel like I’ve been neglecting it.
I also am seriously, and I mean, seriously considering making the move from a wordpress.com blog to a wordpress.org blog – aka being hosted through a different provider. I’ve been reading up on it alot lately and I’m a bit overwhelmed honestly – seems like there is alot to get organized. I would love some tips from people who have made the move – how did you do it? Was it worth it? I keep reading about all these wonderful themes and plugins and the fact that you can do whatever you want with the site is kind of enticing to me. What do you think, good decision or bad decision? This switch would definitely require a bigger effort towards this blog – afterall you are paying for hosting now. Also, any tips on good/affordable hosting?
So in thinking about this change – I am also considering a name change for the bloggie. I know I’ve done this a few times now – and I’m so sorry about that – I just can’t seem to get it right. I feel like Learning to Live Lean is too long, and I’m not in love with it anymore, so I’ve been trying to brainstorm some new ideas. How did you come up with your blog name? What makes you love it? Ha – I guess I’m just full of questions today – but seriously I would love some input from some more experienced bloggers!
Okay – moving on – here are some highlights of this week!
- Monday: Work = Stress, but met a coworker for Yoga afterwards for 1.5 hours and it was liberating. Seriously, I haven’t done yoga since I moved here and its so relaxing. Love it.
- Tuesday: Woke up to yet another Calgary blizzard – this time in May. GRR. Spring is usually my favorite season and mother nature is ruining it😦 *pout*. Also, it didn’t help that I got a nasty migraine in the afternoon (likely due to all this crazy weather). The one saving grace: It was makeover week on Biggest Loser, and Glee was awesome, as always.
- Wednesday: Still felt crummy at work – but talked myself into making a fabulous Shrimp Scampi for dinner. O…M…G. Soooooo Goood! I need to make this regularly. I added in chopped tomatoes, lemon juice/zest and was probably a little more liberal with the white wine than necessary😛 but it was so worth it – and definitely justified by this point in the week.
- Thursday: First semi-relaxing day all week. Got alot checked off the ol’ to-do list, and got to run a few errands with a coworker to prep for the event this morning that I mentioned earlier. I love work field trips – sometimes its just so nice to get out of the office.
- Today: As I mentioned, I was up bright and early to make it to a breakfast event. Thankfully, the boy got up too so he could drop me off downtown – love him, such a sweetheart. Now I’m trying to think of what to make for dinner. We picked up 4 pork tenderloins last weekend on sale – I’m thinking that sounds pretty delish at the moment.
How was your week? Got any weekend plans?
Other than blog updates, I have my FIRST ever 5K race this weekend. I’m running the Calgary Mother’s Day 5K/10K race
. Ryan work kindly offered to let me join their team – so the boy and I will be running this race together. I’m not planning on running for time – I’m just going to try and enjoy the experience. Ryan runs at a tad slower pace then me so I don’t get nearly as tired when I run with him (*yay*) – I think he’d be a fabulous partner for longer runs – he just doesn’t know it yet.