Happy Tuesday! Are you watching Biggest Loser right now like I am? Love that show
First things first, the lovely Angela from Craving Cupcakes so kindly passed the beautiful blogger award on to me. Thanks Angela! I’m supposed to list 7 random facts about myself and then pass it on to 7 other bloggers.
So here it goes.
1. I’m scared of change — but in the vast majority of situations in my life – change is a good thing.
2. For 24 years of my life I HATED olives, but I tried some black olives for the first time when I moved out west, and now I’m seriously addicted. I may occasionally eat them straight out of the jar.
3. Last year I discovered I have a B12 deficiency – definitely not the worst ailment out there – but has required getting used to taking some extra daily pills. It makes a huge difference in my attitude and energy level when I forget to take them.
4. I am beyond scared of needles. I think they are EVIL, and have been known to faint at the thought of getting pricked – which is unfortunate, because I definitely support giving blood.
5. I’m a very Type A person – overly organized, occasionally irrational, and prone to over-react about things.
6. I love traveling! Some places on my list to see in the not too distant future (*hopefully*) are: VEGAS, Italy, Greece, Australia/New Zealand, and Disneyworld!
7. Growing up I was involved in A LOT of athletics I swam competitively, ran track, played baseball, did karate (awesome stress-reliever for an angsty teenager, lol), and rode horses competitively (dressage and show jumping).
Now for the 7 bloggies I’m passing this award along to:
- Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers (and Happy Birthday!)
- Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete
- Susan @ The Great Balancing Act
- Lily @ Lily’s Health Pad
- Allison @ Eat Clean Live Green
- Syl @ Live, Smile, Run
- Nicole @ PreventionRD
And since we’re on the theme of Q&A’s – I figured I’d quickly do the 10 on Tuesday as well.
1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
I had an incredibly old-school oversized black and white Motorola phone in high school. It was nowhere near as cool as Zack Morris’.
2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
The first one I can remember is
Its still one of my favorites. Kit Pearson is a fabulous writer.
3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
First car that I drove was the family mini-van in high school. I thought it was decent – did the job of trucking us kids around pretty good.
4. Who was your hero growing up?
HOW RUDE.... nuf said
5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
My first kiss was during a game of spin the bottle – so really not that special.
6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
Ugh… I had a major mushroom haircut when I was little. My mom called it a ‘bob’ – I think I looked like a boy.
7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
I’m not sure what the first one was – but I’ve had really random realistic dreams about Ryan.
One time I dreamt Ryan stole all my makeup and woke up really mad at him. He was all like whaaa….?
8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
Needles (which still hasn’t gone away) and bees because I was allergic to them.
9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
I always loved Elmo!
10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
Hrm… up till now – probably graduating with a 4.0 GPA in college. That was tough! I expect they’ll be more challenging things later down the road though.
Alrighty, well before this post turns into a novel – I’m gonna sign off. I’ll do a weekend recap tomorrow – with pictures. We headed up to Banff and Lake Louise, so there were some pretty incredible photos … and a freak blizzard in April … but that is another story for another day.
Have a great night everyone.